Friday, February 8, 2008

Thank Goodness It's Friday

But does that really mean anything to a SAHM? E has been pretty horrific this week. Monday and Tuesday were the worst, but it's been very trying all week.

Well, I took pictures the other day of what I had on the bobbin. That is when I was originally going to update my blog. However, it didn't happen. So today I only have pictures of what was on the bobbin a couple of days ago.





It's not quite half a pound of Louet Corriedale. I still have to finish up the rest of that half pound and I have another half pound to spin. Then I am going to ply them together and probably dye the yarn. It's pretty thin and is taking a while to spin up.

When I took that bobbin off, I spun up some dyed BFL. I had 6 oz, very nice stuff! It's from Selah, in their Thoughtful colorway. I split it in half on two bobbins and am going to ply it. The colors are very pretty.

After I finished that up yesterday, I decided to try out the brown Romney I've been carding. I was going to make it a thicker yarn, but changed my mind. I took off the little I had already done and started over making a more worsted weight yarn. It's very nice, I love this fleece. I bought if from hiramst on eBay. I have bought a few things from her, she is an excellent seller. I think I am going to use the yarn to make the Malabrigo Loafers. I think it'll be nice and squishy.

Here is what is currently on the needles. Handspun from Spunky Fiber Club's Snow Squall. It's a Calorimetry from Knitty. I've been wanting to make one for a while. I think I may finish it today.


I still have my mom's slippers on the needles as well. I need to get them finished up already.

This weekend I think I'll be casting on for my HSKS bag. I bought 3 skeins of Malabrigo for it, but I need to exchange one of the colors. My other goodies for the swap are arriving. The sock yarn and stitch markers are here and the needles are on their way. I really wanted to look at the sock yarn ( and maybe pet it some!), but the seller, Crazy4Dying, packed it up so nice, I don't want to open it. The stitch markers, from sunneshine, are also very nice. I hope my swap partner thinks so too! I am also planning on some edible treats and, since my swap partner is a spinner, I'm going to dye up some roving for her. I have also found some cool decorations for her bag from this eBay seller, intergalcatic. I have not ordered them yet, but will be. The seller is in FL, so shipping should be quick.

BTW, have I mentioned that my 2 year old is making me crazy this week?!?

Oh, my Rocky Road batt from butterflygirldesigns came yesterday. It's so soft and pretty. I don't want to spin it right away though, I want to wait and see exactly what I want to do with it. I am also waiting for this batt from Loop. How pretty is that? I can't wait to see it.

So, I think that is all that is going on right now. I'll get more handspun pictures for next weeks update. I am loving spining!

No comments: