Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hello, hello

What a week. I threw my back out last Sunday and have been laid up most of the week. I was feeling pretty much back to normal yesterday, thank goodness. Having a hurt back sucks. Fortunately, it did not affect my knitting, crocheting, or spinning. :) Well, the first couple of days when it hurt the worst, I didn't spin.

My swap package came yesterday. It's awesome!! It came in the evening, so it'll be a couple of days until I get some pics up. But I am taking the bag to the knit-in today, it's so awesome! I got a lot of great goodies, I love it all.

I finished spinning up my surprise yarn this week and Navajo plied it. I am currently working on my other surprise project and hope to have that finished up this weekend, since I only need a small amount. So, no bobbin or finished yarns pics this week.

I do have a pic of my Raspberry Dreams. This is a Merino/Silk blend that I am 2 plying with some metallic cotton crochet thread. So far I have 500 yards and still more left to ply, but I ran out of crochet thread. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with it.



After I finish up my surprise spin, I'll be participating in a Merino spin-a-long. I have some Merino/Corrie/Tencel blend waiting to be spun up. As soon as my surprise spin is finished, I'll be starting on my surprise project. I can't wait and hope it turns out nice.

Here is my progress so far on the Green Crochet Shawl.





It's working up fairly easily and I love the Malabrigo. Very soft and pretty.

I am on the handles of my Lucy Bag and hope to be finishing this up over the next couple of days. I plan on shipping next Saturday. I finished up with my goodie shopping as well and I hope my swap partner likes everything!

Well, I guess that's it for this week. I'll be back in a couple of days with more pictures.

No comments: